MMI Scientists and Engineers, with their backgrounds taken from academic research and operations, have tackled many industry issues through the development of focused R&D initiatives. MMI values innovation and has strong links with many of the world’s leading academic and testing institutions.
The oil, gas and LNG industry throws up new challenges continually, and MMI’s personnel, with academic research backgrounds and practical skills developed from design and operations, has enable many major R&D initiatives to be developed.
MMI’s Research and Development activities have included:
- Establishing and managing multi-partner joint industry projects
- Managed test programmes for fire and blast protection systems
- Structural monitoring instrumentation, structural reliability and seismic isolation test programmes and method developments
- Development of on-line consulting tools for process engineering and major hazards modelling
- Software development and validation for large scale experiments
- Development of Codes of Practice, Company Standards and Guidance Documents
The process of good R&D starts with a high level of industry knowledge, the ability to raise funding, and effective project management to ensure delivery. These are blended with technical skills required to deliver the research, on time and to budget, and include safety, specification development, instrumentation, data logging and analysis, rig design, software development, analysis and simulation, and communication skills. MMI has successfully applied all of these attributes to deliver its R&D services.