Process safety failures lie at the heart of all major accidents that make the headlines.
Process Safety defines the core of MMI activities. Most of what we do in some way contributes to improvements in process safety. Whether it is consequence modelling of major accident hazard scenarios, a risk based justification of specific and temporary operational conditions, human reliability analysis or design of a structure to withstand extreme conditions; MMI understands how our individual activities contribute to the whole piece that is process safety.
MMI has a dedicated team of engineers with the depth and breadth to offer the full range as an integrated service with many hundreds of years’ experience in complementary engineering and science disciplines to bring robust, cost effective and innovative solutions to bear on process safety related issues. We assist our clients in all aspects from purely theoretical modelling and analysis to practical implementation and site assistance:
- Safety Case development, revision and thorough review
- COMAH Case development, revision and thorough review
- Inherent safety assessment
- Safety Integrity Level determination (SIL)
- Layers of protection analysis
- Hazardous operations review facilitation
- Hazard identification review facilitation
- Risk assessment facilitation
- Assurance review of engineering designs
- Management of change methodology development and facilitation
- Competence enhancement via process safety training
In parallel with highly specific problems, MMI is constantly engaged in the efficient handling of assurance work through modeling, using industry norm software such as PHAST, as well as integrity assurance in accordance with industry standards such as IEC 61508 and 61511.
MMI joined Thornton Tomasetti in 2018. Related services include Petrochemical & Oil Services Engineering.