MMI Engineering provides specialist design, analysis, safety report authoring and independent review services for the Nuclear Industry.
MMI Engineering has a strong background in the application of analysis and modelling for the Nuclear Industry and our work is frequently used to support the underlying safety case for a new process, building or system. Additionally, we are frequently called upon to perform independent reviews of technical work.
Many of our experienced senior engineers have worked either directly for or as suppliers to the industry and our specialists are registered as SQEP with Nuclear site license and supply chain companies.
Our Specific Skill Areas in Nuclear Engineering Include:
- Technical safety & risk management
- QRA, FMEA, FTA, Bowties, ALARP
- Major hazard modelling
- Hydrogen management, fires, smoke, dispersion
- Major hazards engineering
- Blast, fire, impact, earthquakes
- Structural analysis, seismic qualification, design & integrity assurance
- Pressure systems, reactor vessel support structures, tanks, pipe whip
- Process analysis & design
- Multi-phase & phase change, mixing, separation, settlement, sludge recovery, conjugate heat transfer
- Ventilation & fluid network design
- HVAC, cooling & fire water systems design, ventilation control philosophy
In order to support these engineering activities, we use a wide variety of numerical modelling tools, including ANSYS, Fluent, CFX, ABAQUS and Flowmaster.