Evolution and revolution: MMI helps the Nuclear Power Industry overcome challenges old and new alike.
MMI Engineering’s specialized structural and fluid mechanics capabilities have broad applicability within the nuclear power industry.
MMI staff understand the particular needs and regulatory environment gained by many years’ experience in the nuclear power industry. MMI offers highly qualified and effective support to nuclear power plant vendors, plant owners and operators in addressing a variety of engineering challenges.
Specific Service Areas
- Linear and nonlinear, static and dynamic response and stress analysis
- Seismic qualification of structures, equipment and distributive systems
- Seismic probabilistic safety assessment
- Impact analysis due to windborne missiles, aircraft impact or dropped objects
- Analysis of response to hydrodynamic loads such as due to safety relief valve discharge
- Design of safety critical piping systems
- Design of ventilation systems
- Analysis of containment ultimate capacity for use in Level 2 probabilistic safety assessment
Structural integrity assessment to include:
- Low and high temperature fracture assessment methods (R6, R5, BS 7910, ASME XI)
- Strain-based fracture mechanics
- Finite element modelling of fractured bodies and welds including local approach methods
- Two-parameter fracture mechanics (T, Q, hydrostatic stresses)