MMI has recently increased its range of contract routes for providing specialist consulting services to the Nuclear industry, by successfully securing places on a number of the Specialist Nuclear Services (SNS) Framework lots as part of the Nucleus and COSMIC teams.
The SNS frameworks cover work for all the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority estate site licensees and Radioactive Waste Management Limited.
The Nucleus team is a consortium led by NSG Environmental, Quintessa, Nuclear Technologies and Abbott Risk Consulting, supported by MMI Engineering and other sub-contractors including Eden Nuclear and Environment, ESG, Golder Associates, Lloyd’s Register, MMI Engineering, Nukem Technologies, Oxand, React Engineering, RSSL, Synergy Health, Tessella and Westlakes Engineering) together with universities and research laboratories. Nucleus has secured framework places on the following four SNS lots:
- Lot 1: Laboratory Research (Nucleus);
- Lot 2: Desk based Studies (Nucleus);
- Lot 3: Decommissioning, Waste Management and Disposability (Nucleus);
- Lot 4: Safety Case Management and Authorship (Nucleus).
COSMIC is a Collaboration Of Small and Medium Independent Companies, which includes MMI Engineering, NSG Environmental, Quintessa, Oxand, Westlakes Engineering, NIS, ESG, Nuclear Technologies, and North West Projects. COSMIC has secured a framework on SNS Lot 5
- Lot 5: Engineering & Design: Operational and Decommissioning Facilities (COSMIC).
In addition to the SNS lots, MMI also has places the following Nuclear frameworks:
- The CNS Nuclear Safety Framework. MMI is working with Nuclear Technologies for provision of safety case support ;
- The DECC Energy Technical Specialists Framework. MMI is working with Eden Nuclear and Environmental on Lot 1: Technical support services in the nuclear technologies area;
- The NDA Direct Research Portfolio (DRP), Working with Amec Foster Wheeler on Lots 2, 3 and 4, which cover integrated waste management, site restoration and spent fuels and nuclear materials.
MMI is delighted to be involved with the above frameworks, all of which recognise our specialist consulting services within the nuclear industry:
- Civil / Structural Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Structural Integrity;
- Internal / External Hazards;
- Nuclear Ventilation;
- Radwaste & Decommissioning.