The IChemE recently held the 6th Regional Process Safety Seminar (RPSS) in Kuala Lumpur. Topics at the event included:
- Leadership in key process safety functional elements
- Role of the human and human factors in ensuring sustainable process safety solutions
- Recognising the complexity of performance influencing factors
- Hearts & minds program – a case study as applied in the oil and gas industry
- Maximising team performance in high reliability organisations
MMI Engineering was one of the event sponsors and Robert Bruce (MMI, Kuala Lumpur) was invited as part of an IChemE facilitated panel on communication in process safety. Other panel members consisted of Sulo Belawan (Head, Process Safety Management, HSE & OE Division, PETRONAS), Dr Christina Phang (Managing Partner of ERM’s Risk Practice in Asia Pacific) and Ir Qua Kiat Seng (Advisor, ASEAN Oleochemical Manufacturers Group (AOMG) and IChemE in Malaysia).